Monday, January 10, 2011

Whispers

Last night was one of those nights where you fall fast asleep, wake up at some ungodly time and toss and turn until about a half hour before your alarm goes off, when you finally resume restful sleep. During these hours of drifting in and out of sleep, I heard a whisper. Normally I think these whispers are my own thoughts that I have ignored reverberating from the back of my mind, but this thought was too amazing to be my own. I can only guess it was His.

What is the point in having money and power if it only causes you to chase after more money and more power? What if you used your money and power to deeply impact others lives while still pursuing more money and power to deeply affect more lives?

I found this funny because as those around me know, I don't really have much money or power. So who was He talking to?  The image that was brought to mind made me laugh: Bono. What was really interesting was I felt him being stripped of all power before my eyes. This amazingly rich pop start who is an icon to many, was suddenly stripped down to this short, stange, greasy-haired guy with an accent that wore sunglasses inside. There is nothing especially fantastic or different about this man compared to a lot of people, he just got lucky. But what makes him very special is what he has done with the fruits of his luck. His RED campaigne with Starbucks among many other things. This is what the voice was talking about.

Even with the clarity of what was being said, why was it being said to me?  Is this foreshadowing into the things my future might hold?  Somewhere in my life is there money and power stashed that I have no idea about? Am I just a vessel for the message?  So many questions. But I know Him well enough that the answer is really none of my business. He likes to keep me guessing to keep me interested. The only answer I felt was: don't think about what your don't have, but use what you do.   Okay... What does that mean?

For now I am not sure if this whisper even requires action.  I do know that it has been resonating in my mind all morning, even though I did not remember it happened until I was sitting at my desk at work. Who knows, maybe these whispers are my own insanity induced by the inability to sleep, or maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment